We are on the hunt for some lovely local children to help bring our latest collection to life at our next photoshoot.
If you think your child has model potential, then please read on to find out more and apply.
We're looking for children who are:
• Poole / Dorset based - We ideally look for local models to help minimise how far children need to travel and to give flexibility if plans change. If you live near to the Dorset border and are keen, please apply and we will consider your application.
• Available on the specified dates below including our casting day on Tuesday 2 November.
• A mix of babies who are lying down and sitting up.
• Aged 4-8 months.
• Fitting either 3-6 months or 6-9 months clothes.
• In one of the height categories below. Height is especially important as we want the sample clothes to fit beautifully.
• Good listeners, able to take direction and enjoy being photographed (no experience required).
• If you have siblings who meet the requirements of multiple categories, we are especially interested in receiving your applications.
Please read all of the information below, including our FAQs at the bottom of this page.
Application deadline: Wednesday 27 October
Casting day: Tuesday 2 November (for all ages)
(Location - Hotel Collingwood, Bournemouth)
Babies: Thursday 25 & Friday 26 November
Toddlers/children: Thursday 2 - Sunday 5 December
Over the photoshoot duration, babies will be needed for 1-2 slots. Toddlers and older children will be needed for 1-3 slots. For school age children we will look to schedule them over the weekend.
How to apply
Video casting submission - We will choose who to invite to casting partly based on a short video which we will ask you to submit. Your video must be between 30 - 60 seconds. Please show the full height of your child as well as their face. For toddlers please crouch to their level and show us their personality with their face to the camera. For older children please ask them to share their name, age, favourite hobby and favourite subject at school. The video MUST be recent so we can see your child as they are currently.
Height - For an accurate measurement, please get your child to stand against a wall with their heels touching it and looking straight ahead. Place a book or similar item flat on their head until it touches the wall and make a mark at their tallest point (under the item). Then get them to move away from the wall and use a tape measure to note the distance from the floor to the mark.
Application form - please fill in the form here.
Model licence requirements
Please only apply if you or another parent/legal guardian of your child can attend. Due to licensing requirements, we are unable to allow other family members to bring your child due to safeguarding guidance.
If you are successful we will need to receive a copy of your child's birth certificate or passport as well as receive signed licence paperwork. Due to the time frame we will be working to, we will need this quickly. We will provide very clear information as to what is needed and when.
What you'll receive
If your little one is chosen to model, we'll give you:
• A voucher to spend at kite-clothing.co.uk to the value of £25 per 2 hour session (or part thereof)
• A digital link of all professional photographs taken of your child
Covid-safe casting day - We are holding a casting day on Tuesday 2nd November with time slot appointments you can book.
Parental involvement - We will need parents/guardians to be hands-on both at casting and the shoot. A parent/guardian must stay at all times (due to safeguarding requirements) and also be available and happy to help.
Hand sanitising - We will ask all adults and older children to sanitise their hands regularly throughout the day (we will provide hand sanitiser) and we would ask that parents of toddlers keep their toddler's hands clean.
Food - We are unable to provide any food or drink for children or adults so please ensure that your little one has everything that they will need for their shoot duration.
Government guidance changes - We will be monitoring all updates regarding COVID-19 and we may have to amend our plans or cancel our shoot if the guidance changes.
Kite modelling FAQs
1. My child is the right age but not quite the right height, should I still apply? It's really important that your little one is within one of our required height categories as the clothes are samples made in one size only and they need to fit beautifully. If you're unsure how to measure your child accurately, please see below. We'll also measure your child if you're invited to casting so we can confirm their measurements.
2. How do I measure my child accurately? The best way to measure your child is to get them to stand against a wall with their heels touching it, then ask them to look straight ahead. Place a book or similar item flat on their head until it touches the wall and make a mark at their tallest point. Then get them to move away from the wall and use a tape measure to note the distance from the floor to the mark.
3. I don't live locally, can I still apply? We ideally look for local models to help minimise how far children need to travel and to give flexibility if plans change. If you live near to the Dorset border and are keen, please apply and we will consider your application.
4. Will I hear from you if my application is unsuccessful? Yes, we contact all applicants to let them know the outcome of their application.
5. What if I can't attend the casting day for any reason? Once invited, please do let us know as soon as possible if you can't attend. If after the casting day we still have gaps in your category we'll get in touch to arrange an ad hoc casting session with you.
6. What happens at a Kite photoshoot? We want to make sure that everyone who takes part has fun and enjoys their time with us and also that we get some great shots. All of the selected children will be needed for various amounts of shots over the days detailed above. They will also be given lots of rest time which can mean there is some waiting around in between. Once we have achieved all of the shots we need with your little one, we'll let you know so you can leave. Occasionally we may need your little one for longer than the originally stated time, if this is the case we'll discuss this with you to see if you're able to stay. If you're selected for the shoot we send you lots of information before the big day to help you prepare and we have our team on-hand to answer any queries you may have.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions at all.
If you would like to apply, please complete our application form here.