Last updated 13 September 2023
SUMMARY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITIONS
These terms and conditions cover competitions or promotions run by Kite where entrants have the opportunity to win various prizes on Facebook and Instagram.
• To enter a competition, entrants must submit a valid entry before the deadline. Normally this will mean posting on a relevant Kite Clothing social post on Facebook or Instagram with an appropriate comment.
• Winner(s) will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries received across all channels.
• The prize(s) will be as detailed in the comment/post. If the prize consists of a Kite eGift card it will be valid for 2 weeks from the date of win.
• If you enter the competition, we assume you have read the terms and conditions below and agree to them. Please note that you agree to provide your information to Kite.
• Please email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Please read these competition rules carefully.
1. The competition is organised by Kite Kids Ltd whose registered office is at 18 Branksome Business Park, Bourne Valley Road, Poole, BH12 1DW (the “Promoter”).
2. Entry is open to individuals who are aged 18 years and over, except directors, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and anyone professionally associated with this competition.
3. No purchase is necessary. To enter the competition, entrants must carry out the following:
a) Adhere to the terms set out in the relevant comment or post.
b) Post their answers/entry in accordance to the terms set out in the relevant comment/post.
4. Only one entry per household per competition will be accepted.
5. No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted.
6. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
7. There will be winner(s) in accordance with the number specified in the relevant comment/post.
8. The winner(s) will be chosen as per the terms set out in the relevant comment/post. If there is more than one qualifying entry the winner/s will be chosen randomly from all qualifying entries.
9. Winner(s) will be notified by Kite via a comment on their entry. It is then the winner’s responsibility to provide Kite with their delivery or contact details within 14 days.
10. The prize(s) will be as detailed in the comment/post. If the prize consists of a Kite eGift card it will be valid for 2 weeks from the date of win.
11. Prizes are as described, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and no cash alternative will be offered in the event that the winner is unable to claim or use the prize for any reason. The draw results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. On receipt of the winner’s contact details, the prize will be despatched to them within 28 days.
13. If the advertised prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
14. Details of the prize winners will be made available to entrants, on request by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 28 days after the end of the competition.
15. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter will use the information that entrants provide for the purposes of conducting this promotion and for marketing purposes. Entrants can unsubscribe from marketing e-mails at any time by using the link within the e-mail.
16. For the avoidance of doubt, any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
17. By entering the competition the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity and material resulting from the competition if requested to do so by the Promoter and the Promoter reserves the right to use the details of the prize winner in any publicity and/or promotional material.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, during or after the closing date of the promotion to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entries by any person who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
19. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the written directions of any relevant authority. Any such variation will be notified on the relevant platform of the competition.
20. The Promoter, its related companies and associated agencies and contractors is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure or any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone line or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the competition.
21. The Promoter, its related companies and associated agencies and contractors will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, or disappointment howsoever caused which is suffered or sustained by any person arising out of or in any way connected with this promotion, or the use of any prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowed by law.
22. Facebook and Instagram. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Kite and not to Facebook or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition must be addressed to Kite at firstname.lastname@example.org and should not be directed to Facebook or Instagram. By participating in the promotion entrants hereby release Facebook and Instagram from all claims, liabilities, losses or damages incurred by them in connection with the competition.
23. By entering this competition, entrants acknowledge that they have read, understood and accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decision of the Promoter in relation to all matters relating to the competition, whose decision shall be final.
24. Kite reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
25. This competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.