1. The create a story competition (the "Competition") is open to any child aged up to (and including) 11 years old ("You") and is administered by Kite Kids Ltd (“We” or “Our”)
2. Sending in an entry (“Entry” or “Entries”) to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”), which are the rules of the Competition. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these T&Cs.
3. The Competition opens on 3 August 2018 (“Opening Date”) and closes at midnight on Sunday 2 September 2018 (“Closing Date”). No entries will be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person. Entries which are not in accordance with these T&Cs are invalid.
4. In order to enter the Competition, you must:
- Create a story featuring the characters JJ and Flash. A downloadable entry sheet is available here, although entries do not need to be submitted on this. Entries can be hand-written or typed. Only the first submission will count, any subsequent Entries will be disregarded.
- Submit your Entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Kite Clothing, 18 Branksome Business Park, Bourne Valley Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 1DW. You are responsible for the cost of sending your Entry to us.
- Along with the story all Entries must include the name and age of the child as well a parent or guardian’s name, email address and telephone number.
- We will require the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the winner to publish the winning entry and the authors name and age on Our website and social media pages and posts.
- Please note that entries will not be returned so please remember to keep a copy. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback will be provided.
5. There will be one (1) winner. The prize shall consist of the following:
- Two (2) t-shirts printed with the winning story and a £50 Kite eGift card. (collectively, the “Prize”).
- The prize t-shirts can be produced in any size from 3 years to 11 years based on Our t-shirt sizing/measurements.
- The t-shirts will be produced in mid 2019 and made available to the winner as soon as possible after production.
- The eGift card will be provided to the parent or guardian of the winner after the winner’s announcement and will have a validity of two years.
6. The Competition shall be judged by the Kite product design and marketing teams and the decision will be based on creativity, story-telling and Our overall ability to create a t-shirt design from the idea.
7. All entries must be the original idea of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
8. Entries must not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other unsuitable material. We will screen all Entries and we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry from which we believe is in breach of this clause, or any of the provisions of these T&Cs.
9. You grant Us the right to change or edit your contribution for operational, production and design related reasons.
10. If your Entry is selected as the winning Entry, you hereby grant Us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use your Entry in all media for the purposes of administering, marketing and promoting this Competition, future competitions and Our brand.
11. By entering into the competition you and your parent/legal guardian acknowledge and agree that all rights in the ownership of copyright in your story and any products created using your story (individually and collectively the “Story”) shall vest in Kite Kids Ltd. As such, you and your parent/legal guardian hereby assign to Kite Kids Ltd all past, present and future copyright (including by way of present assignment of future rights) and all other rights (including all intellectual property rights and all rights of syndication) in the Story, throughout the World in perpetuity.
12. No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter this Competition.
13. The Prize may be altered or varied at Our sole discretion and substituted with a prize which, in Our sole opinion, is a suitable alternative.
14. We will not be liable for any claims or complaints of any nature in respect to the Prize or to the Entries.
15. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt. Please be aware that sending personal data by email may not be secure as email messages can be intercepted.
16. We will contact the winner with further details of how to claim the Prize after the close of the Competition.
17. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, we reserve the right to either offer the Prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the Prize in any future competition.
18. The winner’s name will be made available to those who email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Kite Create a story competition winner’ after the close of the Competition.
19. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Competition and these T&Cs in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of our reasonable control or if in our absolute discretion consider it necessary.
21. Employees and family members of Kite Kids Ltd are not permitted to enter.
22. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Kite Kids Ltd, 18 Branksome Business Park, Bourne Valley Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 1DW.